Followers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

a strange day






everything felt a tad strange today.
Yesterday I met a cool bunch of aspiring photographers from LA Talent Connection. IT was cold but the conversation was warm. I invited everyone from yesterday to do some modeling tests with me today. Some showed up, some left early but after getting kicked out of the Science Center (I HATE THOSE DAMN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!! ok i'm done)
we went to a near by junkie hot spot, where I have shot tons of times and knew that no one is gonna be bothering us... I am way too tired to write a huge long write up but I realized one thing. A good photographer should be able to think on the spot. Right away. Even when the day is not going the way you planned. Even if the models are beginners. Doesn't matter. MAKE IT WORK. if it doesn't - it is your fault. If you are walking away without a decent shot - you gave up. Wow... i was so close to packing up early... huge head ache struck me in the middle of the shoot and i just felt like a roller coaster accident victim through the night... I must say - I am very happy with the pics today. I haven't shot fresh stuff like this in a while. I need to do this again. Just say FUCK YOU to the rules and shoot from your heart... like jazz... i love this feeling... Almost ZERO processing here. (color correction and sharpening. The halo is a combination of the light behind the head and a slight.
dodge tool cheat.

Contribute pictures if you were there . I'll post them for all to see :)

thank you guys for all your help - especially Kevin - dude, you are the freakin best

No comments:

Post a Comment