Followers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Laura Soares. Maxim Magazine (UK)

http://www.maxim.co.uk/girls/international/20764/laura_soares.html









I got Invited to shoot for the British Maxim, and more precisely ffor the their featured model, Laura. She is pretty and from Brazil. Is there anything NOT pretty from Brazil? This is why its my favorite country that I haven't been to! One of these days though... one of these days...
So the shoot was pretty much on a very short notice and I went in to a very unfamiliar location, and in addition it was indoors. Here I got pretty screwed with gear, with lights being still at the repair shop. Deep Octa and the Big Boy Ranger that's all we had today. We almost lost that too since the Ranger managed to take a pretty big hit after falling from it's 7ft stand :) lol
I won't go into depths bout the setup (one strobe! whooptydoo!:)

I have some rather mixed feelings about glamour photography. Since these pics had to fit into the format of the magazine and therefore had to be pretty simple and a little sexed up, I find no huge interest in doing this kind of work. I mean... how many almost naked chics can you shoot? ;) I know that someone who doesn't do this kind of stuff on a regular basis would think that it's the best job in the world but the truth is that it is a pretty draining a difficult business to shoot a girl with minimum showing imperfections. Add some self contentiousness and the lack of modeling experience and you have yourself a handful :) tough tough tough shoot...

mixed results and feelings, not really my type of a model and photography... but I feel pretty productive tonight. The retouch didn't take long, thanks to the wonderful MUA Donyet who works with me at every shoot and is the most helpful person in the world :) Like you can totally borrow a million bucks from her! lol

and of course I had to shoot something that I actually like
(experiments!! )




Happy Saturday morning - the best time of the week!
more pics from today are on the way :)

6 comments:

  1. good stuff dude. I like the dynamic hair shot. you might not like this, but it'll definitely get your name out there for other assignments you might enjoy more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Henry
    speaking of getting my name out there:
    very very few people will care to look at the back of a magazine to look up the photographers' name. Her name will be in CAPS in the edition.
    I did this just for kicks honestly and if it brings anything to my table then great, but I am not counting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great series, that last one is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome series. Beautiful model and complimenting light. I'll keep track of Your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah only photographers look for which photographer did the shots in magazines. nice set though and congrats on the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Model. I say it was worth it just for that. Great work pretty cool shots. CongratZ

    ReplyDelete