Followers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cool Waters





Nick called me today, as I was walking my dogs, and asked for some portfolio headshots and a portrait or two just himself. Totally unprepared I said yes, since it was either a couple of hours of shooting or a couple of hours being bored. We have a heated pool at our apartment complex and decided to try something with water at the same time knocking out some natural light shots. Little did we know that our little model will be pushing himself almost to hypothermia THAT's dedication. 

The light was pretty challenging since the pool is oddly shaped and we ended up with the deel octa to camera left and a bare Quadra all the way 40 feet away on the opposite side. I was very pleased at the performance of that little thingy, since it was working at full power while still managing to recycle at a pretty decent rate. Not as fast as the RX Speed though. 

Nick is not a professional model and today was more of an extreme cold practice run for him. That heated pool is still 20 degrees cooler than I'd like it too be. Gotta go talk to the manager :)

Overall today pretty much was fun, since this is my first water shoot. I will absolutely return to our beloved pool and they say that the hot tub is gonan be fixed really soon :) cant wait!! 


1 comment:

  1. Very nice stuff Mikhail!

    Found your site by researching the Quadra and Ranger series.
    If you don't mind, I'd like your comments about your favorite modifier(s) for the Quadra (that's where I'm leaning at the moment). If you could only have one or two for the the RQ and your style, what would they be?

    ReplyDelete