Followers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Red White and Blue


Just not my day today I guess... everyone is unhappy with one or two or three things I do in this life... seriously. When I smoked I felt like a criminal for smoking in a bar. They banned that.
When I want to drink a can of beer outside i have to hide like a criminal... since they banned that also... I offer some honest critisism - well... you know the outcome. I try to shoot at the Venice Beach, the land of crazy, I CAN"T!
Wait a minute... there are people jacked up on alcohol, caffeine, weed smoke all over the place, pick pocketing... and... of course some bored authority has to come up and say something about me not being able to shoot here. It's a basketball court for goodness sake... I fucking hate that. no, really, i have no other worlds to describe this feeling.

We shot 31 frames and the makeup took 5 times longer than the actual shoot. I was so bummed that I decided to continue another day. Though I tend to never walk away without a shot. Thank goodness to Donyet (wife), who knows how and when to deploy my EL Quadra, which was bare here (camera left)/ I ended up with about 4 keepers which is really not that bad, considering that the Quadra was acting up a little bit, refusing to dump the excess power.

Anyway... what can I say. I wouldn't be doing personal photography if i don't like it. All aspects of it and especially the outcome. I love this shot. It's my new favorite (this usually happens after each shoot, but that's the whole awesomness of it!) Considering that this was the only jump shot - i love it even more. It's a lucky one. The sky is not edited, in fact there's very little editing here. Just in camera full on contrast and saturation.

Boom!


а теперь перевод на великий и могучий ёмаё!!

По ходу дела сегодня не мой день. Забанили с форума сукибляи вообще тут какая то хрень происходит. Курил - гнали из баров, пытался ныкаться по углам - все равно настигали, демоны! ) Пить пиво на улице из банки - криминал. Фоткать на улице - криминал.. совсемстали прижимать нас фото чуваков в этой стране. Сказали что это стоит 400 баксов чтоб снимать тут... Это баскетбольный сукакорт!! Охуеть... ненавижу всем своим маленьким каменным сердцем их всех...

Эшли и я (м Донъет) отстрелялись всего за 31 кадр. Но мыж не лузеры чтоб уходить без единого кадра! Есть еще 4-5 хорших которые надо обработать, но это занимае недолго. С затемняющими фильтрами клево работать. Надо накупить еще. Elinchrom Quadra на моё офигенное удивление оказался СУКА ярким! ) причем таким что в пол тыка пересилил солнышко.
То что кажется натуральным светом - на самом деле эта маленькая вспышечка. Солнце - сзади модели. в зените почти... Прищлось пожертвовать наличием рефлекторов конечно, но жесткий свет, это наше фсе! )



1 comment: