Followers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Bending the Light



I've been hanging out with some high end photogs lately. Yaya lucky me! :)
check this guy out - amazing creativity and technique. http://rashap.livejournal.com/

he insipred me to do some light bending aka shooting through glass (or in this case through my glasses).
I think the shoot was a success, considering an unexperienced model, who def. added some complications to the whole process.
I resorted to using my newly beloved 100mm macro lens so because of it's close focusing distance. The 85mm L is just not cutting it in this department. Though I used both lenses and I don't quite remember which one i used in these. Look at the EXIF if you are so interested :)

We used a bunch of class remains from one of my old lamps, brought to the studio from my apartment, that hopefully will be going through some major renovation.

two light setup (deep octa and my lovely Quadra with a Hensel 500Ws Monolight equipped with a red gel. Easy setup. Incredibly hard to execute concept (at least I know how it's done now)

No comments:

Post a Comment